The Covid pandemic has brought many changes for children including routine mask wearing, restrictions on movement in classrooms, restrictions on attendance at sports trainings, play-dates, music lessons and school classes. There is constant hand-washing and reduced hugging and hand-holding. Lots to take in for adults not mind our developing small humans. Yoga is a popular 'go-to' for strength in mind and body for adults and it's tools are adaptable so that they can be used by children as-well.
As one would expect the delivery of yoga classes to children differs considerably to that of an adult yoga class. It is livelier, it can be interactive, it involves imagination and can be more physically demanding.
Yoga has many benefits for children which are especially useful in an ever-shifting environment the Covid pandemic era.
1) It can be practiced from home with the whole family while restrictions are in place (Zoom)
2) Yoga helps develop self-awareness and confidence in expression of feelings.
3) The practice is non-competitive and fosters acceptance of oneself and others.
4) In yoga we 'travel' even while we remain in the home through use of imagination, poses, stories and more.
5) Yoga builds physical strength.
6) Yoga facilitates the exploration of how we breathe and how different breaths make you feel.
7) Yoga teaches children how to be calm.
8) Yoga enhances focus and concentration.
A new term of Yoga will begin soon on Zoom with Fidelma from Renmore Yoga and are geared for kids age 7 and up.
idelma has 12 years experience of teaching Yoga to Children and includes mindfulness, travel, science and lots more in her lively and interactive classes. Book your place https://www.renmoreyoga.com / or call Fidelma 086 3790855 for further details.